To Love Oneself....

My BFF, is definitely gonna tease me, after reading this post. Yes, I finally agree, "To Love oneself, is indeed the beginning of a life long romance".

Watched this movie, "an Ideal Husband". My friend gave me the torrent and the whole thing got downloaded overnight .. But I couldn't make room to see it till yesterday.
Amazing movie. Superb Punchlines. Rupert Everette Rocks as Arthur... Amazing acting.
But of all the characters, my personal favorite was Julianne Moore, the scheming Mrs. Cheveley. OMG, what an actress !!! Amazing Villi. :):P. With as minimum expressions as possible, and that smug smile, she manages to upset many plans. And of course, dialogues are amazing. Each one of them is a gem by itself.

Some of my personal favorites :-

Mabel: Lord Goring, I gather you're to be congratulated.
Lord Arthur Goring: Well, there's nothing I like more than to be congratulated, though invariably I find the pleasure immeasurably increased when I know what for.


Lord Caversham: Now, if you don't make her an ideal husband, I'll cut you off with a shilling.
Mabel: An ideal husband? Oh, I don't think I should like that.
Lord Caversham: What do you want him to be then, my dear?
Mabel: I think he can be whatever he chooses.
Lord Caversham: You don't deserve her, sir.
Lord Arthur Goring: My dear father, if we men married the women we deserved... we should have a very bad time of it.


Lord Caversham: What are you doing here, sir? Wasting your time, as usual?
Lord Arthur Goring: My dear father, when one pays a visit, it is for the purpose of wasting other people's time and not one's own.


Lord Arthur Goring: To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.

Lord Arthur Goring: I love you... I love you.
Mabel: Is that your reason then?
Lord Arthur Goring: Mmm. Mabel, I said...
Mabel: I know.
Lord Arthur Goring: Well? Couldn't you you love me just a little bit in return?
Mabel: Arthur, you silly! If you knew anything about anything, which you don't, you would know that I absolutely adore you.
Lord Arthur Goring: Really?
Mabel: Mmm.
Lord Arthur Goring: Well, why didn't you say anything before?
Mabel: Because, dear boy, you never would have believed me.


This one is for my best friend.
Laura: Do you know, Gertrude, I don't mind your talking morality a bit.
Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike.



And the most riveting dialogue of them all...

Sir Robert Chiltern: I will give you any sum of money you want.
Laura: Even you are not rich enough to buy back your past, Sir Robert. No man is.


I cannot thank by best friend enough for such a wonderful movie !!!!

Monday, September 7, 2009 by Hari
Categories: , , , , , , , , | 1 comment

One Comment

  1. U covered Some of my favorite lines.........

Leave a Reply