The Three Kinds of People !!!

This post is a response to Vivek's comment on my earlier post.
NOM, so chill ...

I know of only three kinds of people :-

1.) Those who work at office and blog from home.
These are rare to find and every manager's dream.

2.) Those who blog at office and also blog from home.
These are the minority community, who are doing a great job.

3.) Then there are those, who are on facebook and twitter.

Twitter has now made distraction an art form. Folks, this is nothing to be proud about. And for Heaven's sake.. Keep that Twitter Feed off !!!!

You just can't be reading twitter feeds from the person, who your friend's friend is following, and that too, it might be a conversational tweet with someone whom you are not following. So what happens here is that, you are reading a highly one-sided conversation leading to a unnecessarily Signal to Noise Ratio on your Twitter Feeds.

Twitter is like the morning snooze. 10 minutes is fine,20 is good.. but you can't do it for the entire morning !!!! Then its not a snooze but a nap !!!

Twitter is supposed to be like that Icecream with Lychee that you have probably once a month, maybe twice.. Not everyday !!! Puhleess... !!!!!!


And Facebook ?? Don't even get me started !! What is the criteria for opening a facebook account ? - That you must be a high-school kid ??
WTF kinda cheesy questions and profiles !!!

And what is that I hear about facebook now ??
'Facebook Fatigue' is now catching up with most people, I hear.. I just pray its not as pandemic as Swine Flu .. !!! One Pandemic a year is enough for the world !!!!

Twitter and Facebook have done, what I was always afraid of ... Making Time Wasting a fashion (Not that blogging saves any time... ), a routine, and trust me.. they have done their job... I can see that more and more people are following tweets and playing farmville.. I personally know a couple of people, who spend the whole night, trying to harvest pumpkins on their farms and getting baby elephants as gifts !!

Folks .. Grow up !!!

P.S:- I would just like to quote a fellow blogger from one of his posts :-

Twitter may be the first step on an evolutionary path to something indispensable, but for me, it’s just not there yet.
I would just like to replace Twitter with Social Networking Sites.

P.P.S:- I am an avid blogger and am on orkut. But that's the end of the line, for me.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 by Hari
Categories: , , , | 9 comments

Comments (9)

  1. sadkljasdsa

  2. //You just can't be reading twitter feeds from the person, who your friend's friend is following, and that too, it might be a conversational tweet with someone whom you are not following.

    -- There are Umpteen number of tools available over the internet where you can choose whose twitter feeds you want to follow among those in your entire list.

    //Facebook Fatigue' is now catching up with most people, I hear.. I just pray its not as pandemic as Swine Flu .. !!! One Pandemic a year is enough for the world !!!!

    That is what media told you..Not entirely true. You need proof .. ask me.. i m still sane.

  3. and by the way we are the fourth kind and welcome to our world.

  4. "I'm still sane." Buddy.. That's something every insane person says to himself and the world..
    and as for your
    "welcome to our world" comment -- You are welcoming me to a world that doesn't exist according to me ... Do you need more proof of sanity ?? or insanity rather ??

    :) :D :P

  5. Ignorance is bliss.. Enjoy it as long as u can.. :)

    //That's something every insane person says to himself and the world.

    I say experience speaks...!! :D

  6. So is Sanity..and I am enjoying it as long as I can !!!

  7. Folks .. Grow up !!!

    look who is saying.... and is of 2nd kind ppl..who r doing gr8 job...really gr8..isn't it?

    well...they said...when you become famous...ppl wil start talking..this is what about facebook..so nothing to worry..chill.. :D

  8. Ah Ha.. Now I know who is harvesting Pumpkins and getting Baby elephants as gifts...

  9. even... 2nd kind of ppl too...

Leave a Reply