Wish I had seen these on the big screen ... :(

Well, you win some, you lose some, you can't win them all. Of late, I've been seeing a lot of movies, and suddenly this strange thought has come to me, as to how many movies I have actually missed watching on the big screen !!

Well, Here goes the list :-

1.) Alaipayuthey :- First on the list. Of course my eternal favorite !! I still wish, that if under any circumstances, Madras Talkies decides to screen this movie, even for a single day, in a theatre, I will do everything I can, to watch it. Feel very bad, that this film, which I rate, as one of my most favorite movies of all time, have not seen on the big screen.

2.) Jab We Met :- Well this is actually an irony. When I was in Mysore, one of colleagues pestered me to accompany her to watch this movie. She had already seen it, and insisted, that I watch it. I politely refused, quoting my assessments as an excuse. I watched it 4 months later. And I deeply regret that I did not see the movie with her. I am absolutely sure, that we both would have had one whale of a time, if we had seen the movie together... Sorry Nitha !!!

3.) Kaminey :- Another movie, which I so very badly wanted to see on the big screen. For all the raw action and racy screenplay, and the scintillating trailers, and mind blowing music, this was one of the most anticipated movies of the year, and I blew it. Had to go to India for Visa Renewal, and couldn't see it.

4.) Love-Aaj-Kal :- Another Imitiaz Ali movie. I seem to be missing all his movies from the theatre. Some sort of jinx or what ?. Classic. One of my favorites. Amazing dialogues.

5.) Australia :- Not my fault. Never knew that such a movie was released, until three months later. Watched it and was spell bound.

The list is not exhaustive. More to come. Maybe later !!!

Friday, October 30, 2009 by Hari
Categories: , , , , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply