Of Nostalgia and Amusement Parks ...

Some three weeks back, I had gone to Marah-Land and I loved the experience. It brought back to my memory, many episodes in my life, which though not so pleasant, were refreshing...

That day in Marah Land.

Myself and S had gone to Marah-Land and the moment I saw 'Ranger' I was in love again... :) This piece of amusement part equipment, is, according to me, the best ever. It consists of a pendulum like structure, that has seating arrangements on both sides of the pendulum. It swings to and fro.. and slowly swings right up to the point, where you are literally hanging upside down. Then the ride goes reverse, i.e. if you made it to the top clockwise, for you the ride will now go counterclockwise...
Trust me, this ride's a beauty. If you really crave for some sort of mini adventure, I seriously recommend this ride to you.

That day in MGM.

The story goes back 8 years. When we were in +2 and the school organised an Amusement park trip. I went in this ride, and in the words of my fellow traveller...
" This ride taught me one thing... Your life is not in your hands.. You just have to let go and enjoy life as it comes... "


I thought this was very philosophical at that point of time.. I now find that to be true...

Really nostalgic... Would love to do it again...

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 by Hari
Categories: , , | 2 comments

Comments (2)

  1. 8 years ????? sollave ella [:D]

  2. Oh .. !! How I hate Anonymous postings... :(

    Yes.. 8 years back was 2001 .. isn't it ?? :)
    MGM ... seems like a distant dream to you ? Nopes... Not for me...

Leave a Reply