Of Reality Shows and their hosts...

Yesterday, (by chance) I happened to switch channels across to Roadies 7 audition. Now this is something that I rarely do, but since auditions are usually interesting with a lot of people from diverse backgrounds... I decided to give it a thought. Well, that's perhaps the biggest mistake that I made...

There comes this beautiful girl, a wannabe fashion designer.. and trust me, the way she got treated, made me feel ashamed, of myself, and of me, watching MTV. A$$#oles... don't you have any shame/remorse/guilt in showing these things on T.V. You think, people love it.. Trust me, I would love to see the day, when MTV packs up completely.. It's stocks crumble and its Managing Director and CEO no longer find the venture profitable... WTF ??

You call in a person (a lady at that) for an audition for roadies, and you comment on her clothing... that's acceptable... Your excuse would be that you are testing her for the sarcastic comments that folks will pass on her in the show... but if you tell the girl...

"I don't think you are fit to be a fashion designer.."
"I think your clothing quotient is 0"
"I think you should not be wasting your parents money on Fashion courses"


You must look at the resigned look on the contestant's face..
Then I'm sorry to say.. to all the three folks... out there... Nikhil Chinnappa... Cyrus Broacha, and Cyrus Sahukar, you are actually wasting MTV's money out there.. This might be a short term gain..
"Jitna Maarna hai, Maar lena..Uske baad tum logon ki to zaroor phategi.."

Buddies, it is their life, their ambition. Something that they have wanted to do, all their life... You simply can't trash it like that... You may be saying, it is just for fun, well the fun is no longer funny...

And A lot of folks out there must be saying, who's forcing you to watch this show.. Well nobody is.. But if you can justify the trashing of someone's dreams like this.. in any show for that matter... be my guest...

And of course..., this one's straight from the heart for Nikhil Chinnappa... Yes, the 'so-called' DJ from Bangalore...

What were you doing Nikhil ? Were you not struggling for chances in the early 1990's... Were you not trying to be at the top of a field, whose bottom nobody knew... ? And now.. 13 years later.. you are the host of a show, and you have forgotten everything ?
"Wah ji.. Maan gaye...." Frankly speaking, having those geeky glasses, or marrying someone from the same company where you work does not make you a 'love guru'... And what was the part where you are telling the Paji who came for audition, "You are a loser ?" I felt like saying.. "Look who's talking ..." Thought you were getting sensitive eh ? I felt puking when you said it... Would have looked good even if Sahukar had said it... And yes... Having a couple of controversies that say "Nikhil refuses to comment on sexual favors in Splitsvilla" does not do your so called image any good... And what was this part where you acted in two movies.. Really.. which ones... I am sure, they would have been super-duper hits... Would love to see you reduce the hosting of reality shows and concentrate more on acting.. Atleast the television viewers will have some respite...

P.S :- All my friends say, that I actually reduce the intensity of the content when I write... That's usually true, as I try to present it as neatly as possible, with a preferred format.. that is usually my own... So if you think this post is rude and harsh... trust me... this is only 1% of the actual content...

P.P.S :- The trashing will continue...

Friday, November 13, 2009 by Hari
Categories: , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply