Of Item Girls and Sarees...

With Reference to my earlier post on 'Of Anchors and Sarees' , I find that it has been a very commonly searched item in my blog... and also I had promised a post on 'Nari with Saree'... I am not posting that now.. But this is one topic that has been running around in my mind for a long long time...

I am a guy who is crazy about women who wear sarees properly. Note.. Properly.. Saree is one of the most powerful attires I have ever seen... and the lady who wears it in the style she is most comfortable, will exude confidence and poise...

Now..coming to the crux...

I wanted to see how many songs are there, where an item girl wears a saree... :) :D
Come on, Don't blame me.. !!!! I like sarees.. :) This one is very specific to Tamizh..

Here go my top 5, but before that, a small clarification. Item song is a song done by a lady other than the heroine... and she should have worn a saree, atleast in one frame.. :) :D

First go the Honorable Mentions :- (These are the ones, which had an item song with the heroine itself doing it for the hero.. :P)

Arjuna Arjuna - Aei - Namitha... Keywords : Waterfalls, Rain, Namitha, Sarathkumar....

Sirichi Sirichi Vantha - Vasool Raja MBBS - Ragasiya... Keywords : Prabhu, Ragasiya...

Aasaya Kathula Thoothu - Johny - ??? Keywords :Sorry Don't know the name...

No.5 :- Nilavanathu Vaanathu mela - Nayagan - Kuyili ...
Keywords : Boat, Twilight, IR voice. One of the biggest hits of its time.

No.4 :- Thee Thee - Thiruda Thiruda - Heera...
Keywords : Camera, Lighting, Heera !!! (An Exception - For Heera, of course...)

No.3 :- VaalaMeenukkum - Chithiram Pesuthadi - Malavika...
Keywords : Simple Steps, Catchy Tune, different voice, and of course, Malavika !!!

No.2 :- Kathazha Kannala Kuthatha - Anjaathey -
Keywords : S N I K I T H A !!!

No.1 :- Kodana Kodi - Saroja - Nikita...
Keywords : N I K I T A !!!

That sums up my list.... :) :D

P.S:- I hope you liked the list.. :P I understand, that my definition of an item song is very skewed... but then suggestions are welcome.. :) I am not averse to a Part 2 of the series... :D

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 by Hari
Categories: , , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply