Hari's 46 Point Budget - 2000/2010 ... What a Journey !!!

Ah... The Budget is around the corner and I am having some nostalgic memories...
Ever wondered if there was a budget which said in very generic terms...

" The mint shall be closed for 6 months in a year, so that subsequently, there is lesser money in the market, as a result of which, cost of goods will come down, subsequently value of rupee increases, hence the dollar can be balanced. "

" Cigarrette's and Liquor to cost more, atleast by 20% , leading to the eventual unaffordability of the consumer "

" No Government Employee shall hold any other office of profit, under any sector, private or public. "

" Government Employees, if found accepting bribes, will not be suspended/terminated, but will be forced to work for 6 months, without salary. "

" Icecream Formulae and Indigenous Medicines will not be levied any type of taxes "

" All Religious and Charitable Trusts, including Temples/Mosques/Churches and other places of worship, will have to contribute 10% of their donations/charity received to the Government Of India, as Nation's Calamity Fund/ President of India Fund. "


Does all of this sound crazy.. ?? :)

Well, this is a sample Budget that I wrote 10 years ago.. This actually arose out of a dialogue (not filmy dialogue, but a general healthy dialogue... again..not like India-Pak Dialogues...:) ) between 'Mooki' and me ... and subsequently it encouraged me to write a charter kind of document, that detailed on what I think as an Ideal Budget. I know it may read pretty much childish, but for a 14/15 year old, this was a big step indeed, and I really cherish the clarity that I had then (and unfortunately not now... :( )

I had the paper on which I wrote this ... very safe.. Today I found the time to scan it.. and I have uploaded it.. you can read the rest of the points here.. :)



P.S:- This is not a 'made-up' post... :P You can even see the பிள்ளையார் சுழி thatI used to put on top of every paper... :) :D

Friday, February 19, 2010 by Hari
Categories: , , , , , , , | 2 comments

Comments (2)

  1. Many interesting points da,

    cosmetics to cost more, petrol to cost less (I disagree), private schools to have uniform fee, if drugs are seized, Government should do the selling... - caught my eye.

    There is time to become Pranab sir's advisor :)

  2. @Shiva :- Thanks... :)

    10 years is a long time.. and to be frank, my opinions have also taken a 180 degree turn.. :) in these 10 years.. I, myself, do not approve of many ideas in this Budget.!!!! :)

Leave a Reply