Cairo Diaries - 13

People

மக்கள்

लोग


Have been quite boring for the past two weeks on my blog .. I know. I hardly get the time to blog extensively, as I used to. But I am quite liking my work, so no complaints :)

First of all the general lifestyle. Its the same as most of the other Arabic Speaking countries. People like to live in style. But somehow they all appear to be as if they are living in poverty (especially if you look at the way they maintain their cars... பீட்டல் அடி வாங்கறத பார்தீங்கன்னா ... கன்ன்ல ரத்த கண்ணீர் தான் வரும் !!! :( ).

Working Class itself can be divided into three. The ones who do the menial jobs. Ones who work in offices as clerks, agents, supervisors etc.. and the ones who are executives. The dressing sense of each of these classes are totally different. The ones who work as clerks, agents all dress in jeans !! :) Yes.. That's right. They dress in jeans predominantly and some really nice shirts and T Shirts !! (Yes, Sometimes I do get jealous that I am not able to wear clothes like those,at work ). The executives dress like the POTUS. Yes.. Trust me !! All सूट, बूट और कोट !!! Initially it did get a little awkward with these men, going about their daily activities wearing suits and coats, but then I guess, I got used to it. :P

About the men.. OK .. You can call me racial or discriminating.. But here is what I have to say. Most of the guys are about the same height as most Indians.. around 5'6" to 5'8".. Very few are taller. Almost ALL.. (if you think that's an exaggeration.. take it at 98%..) have short curly hair. About 50% of the population can be termed as short. The crowd on the street wears Tshirts.. Predominantly crew-neck shirts. Almost all of them have a slight pauch. :).

Literacy is Arabic Literacy. Very few people actually have good spoken English. If you do not know even shuwaiyya shuwaiyya Arabi .. God Help you in the Land of the Nile !!!!

(shuwaiyya shuwaiyya is something like our Junoon தமிழ்... கொன்ச்சம் கொன்ச்சம்.. I know the spelling is wrong.. Its there for a purpose.. To highlight the hindi way of saying it.. :) .. and BTW .. watch out for the next post.. :) :P )

Finally I come to the point, that I wanted to say.. Sorry... to the point that most of my male readers wanted to read.. Girls.. பொண்ணுங்க .. लड़कियाँ ... :)

ஒத்த வார்த்தையில சொல்லணும்னா - கும்தகா !!!
chanceaஇல்ல !!!அவ்ளோ அழகா இருக்காங்க.. !!!
போட்ற டிரஸ் என்ன... நடக்கற நடை என்ன.. மினுக்குற மினுக்கு என்ன... அடடடடடா ...

இந்த ஊரு பொண்ணுங்க மட்டும்.. நம்ம ஊரு சினிமாவுக்கு வந்தாலுங்க,., அவ்ளோ தான்... தீரிஷாவாவது .. நயன்தாரா ஆவது ... எல்லாரும் போட்டி படுக்கைய பேக் பண்ண வேண்டியது தான்... ரோட்ல பொரவவரவ எல்லாம்... நடிகை மாதிரி இருக்கா ... !!!

சேரி சேரி.. பொறாமை எல்லாம் பட வேண்டாம்... 14 மாசமா காஞ்சு கேடக்கறேன்யா ... இப்போ தான் கொஞ்சம் பசுமையை பார்க்கறேன்... கண்ணு வெச்சுடாதீங்க...

[ A synopis about the above paras for my non-tamizh readers... The girls are very beautiful. Our heroines don't stand a chance against them. Every single woman who walks down the Talaat Harrb looks like a wannabe Heroine... And Please don't cast your evil eye :P ]

Almost all the ladies are shorter than the men... but again, there are those that stand out !! (Literally .. :P) The dressing sense of the ladies is way too good.. Though From what I've seen, the ladies tend to slant more towards the colors black, mauve and pink.. (Yes, I finally acknowledge that mauve is a color and I can now claim that I can differentiate between mauve, purple and cyan !! Thanks to VB and HTML :) :P)

Hard working people !!! Seriously... At least those who are in manual labour.. Their day starts very early and ends very late.. During summers remember there is Day Light Saving.. implying there is more sunlight.. more time.. which means more work !! :( :(

As of now.. this is the update.. Watch out this space for the next Cairo Diary.. Trust me.. It will be worth the wait !!!

P.S:- If any of you found the content of the post or the language of the post, offensive.. NOM !!!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 by Hari
Categories: , , , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply