Weekend flies by !!!

As usual, the weekend flew by. :)

Have to work on Sundays.. So my weekend is actually over... :)

Watched Three very good movies .. make that four..

Baran :- Recommended by RogueGene. It was good. Wish I had read the wiki page before I saw the movie. No !!! Seriously !! The content was quite good at wiki. The movie required slight understanding of the Sufi way of life, which unfortunately I did not have. So I watched the movie like a பட்டிக்காட்டன்... நாங்க அவ்ளோ sophisticated எல்லாம் இல்லபா... இப்போ தான் வெளி உலகத்துக்கே வர்றோம்... :)

The wiki page quotes this...

There are many references to Persian literary and mystical traditions. The storyline is similar to the mystical path one must follow to be united with the Beloved / Divine in Sufism, hereby enduring the reproach or "blame" of others. Another hint at the mystical path is Lateef's meeting of the Afghan shoemaker, who bears a striking similarity to the (conventional) depiction of the famous Sufi poet Rumi. Also the selling of the ID-card by Lateef, the protagonist, to raise money for Rahmat/Baran's family refers to losing one's identity in the quest for union. Other nods to Persian literature are the sight of the unattainable beloved in the reflection of the mirror (which Lateef caught in the room where Baran was preparing the tea), the feeding of the doves as a reference to Attar's famous work, "Parliament of the Birds"


Nice story. Well taken, like a documentary.

My favorite scene in the whole movie was when Lateef helps Baran pick up the fruits that had fallen down, and she has this look on her face that says, I understand your feelings completely, and I have the same. A gentle smile and whoosh, down comes her purdah... Cha.. That scene was too good. :)

Next I watched Angadi Theru. Already analysed. Next GreenZone - Slight மொக்கை. Over கப்சா. சுமார். My Sassy Girl - This is the second time I am watching the movie. செம்ம செம்ம செம்ம.. :)

Could not find time to read Snow. So review watchers.. please wait. Its a biiiiig book. Did some writing for the Mahabharata series. Nothing much.

Let's see if I can get something on track, this week atleast... :)

Sunday, May 2, 2010 by Hari
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply