Indeed... The Greatest War ever fought !!!

The story ends here. Atleast ours.
After this there is lamentation of the Kaurava queens, and then Gandhari's curse on the Vrishnis and Yadavas, and Krishna. The Pandavas come to know that Karna is their brother. The Anushasana parva of Mahabharata where Bheeshma advises Yudhishtra on the intricacies of Administration, before his ascent to heaven during Uttarayana. The golden rule of Yudhishtra and the Ashwamedha Yaaga. The journey to Himalayas for the lost treasures. Then the handover of the kingdom to Parikshit and then the final test by the Lord of Justice, Dharmaraja on his son. Thus ends the Mahaprasthanika Parva of Mahabharata. The story then meanders with the life of Parikshit and the fate of Bharatavarsha.




All word clouds have been made with Wordle. (Awesome site !!)
Content, Organisation of Material, Illustrations, Concept and Idea are all mine.
Proper acknowledgements is made to all the authors who have translated this great epic.
For any comments/feedback/suggestions, please mail me at vharicharan@gmail.com

I would like to thank all the people who have stood by me and behind me providing me with valuable support and suggestions now and then.

I am looking forward to write the next big thing.. :P But then I guess I'll have to wait, so I presume you too would. :)

Please do let your friends know about this blog and the series.. :)

Below are some more wordle maps. :)







Thursday, September 2, 2010 by Hari
Categories: , | 1 comment

One Comment

  1. Wonderful! Well written and one of the best trans-creations I have seen. Being an avid fan of the epic, I have seen plenty.
    You have also achieved a very difficult balance on the Karna-Arjuna portrayal. Most authors have their clear favorites and introduce distortions to the story.
    I am also glad you have stuck with Vyasa's source material and not later interpolations.

Leave a Reply