How Tata Docomo screwed it up AND Lessons to be Learnt !


This is the story of How Tata Indicom screwed up a simple case of "we-regret-and-refund" into what could have been a major case for litigation.

tl;dr - I had an issue. They dragged it for 7 months before owning up. I threatened to sue them. They apologised and offered to waive off all charges and clean the slate.

Before we go ahead and read the entire fiasco - here are some "FACTS".
The proposed 3.1 Mbps speed is only an indication of Spurt Speed - i.e. the system "might" jump upto 3.1 Mbps depending on the connection (and that includes a lot of fine-print conditions)
I was "guaranteed" a minimum 256kbps using the Photon Plus Device.
Their service in my area was really bad. (A fact that I came to know quite late)
As compensation - I wanted 10,000 bucks + waiving off all the outstanding charges + cancellation + 6 months of Internet from a rival organization as atonement for shitty customer service.
What I got - Waiver on all outstanding charges + Cancellation + Apologies.

(1) Long Long ago ( No ! Its not a dream, more like a nightmare)  I bought a  Tata Photon Plus connection in Chennai - Tambaram Sanatorium to be more exact. First week of October to be precise.
(2) The first month I experienced very poor connectivity. I did not measure the speed, hoping it was because I was accessing it in Peak periods.
(3) For a week in mid November - I tested the unit - in the afternoon - I got the same poor speed. This time I took screenshots. Not one of them exceeded 20 Kbps. Posted are some screenshots below.
(4) I first raised an issue on 26th November. My ticket number was 288043425. I was told that  the ticket would be resolved within 72 hours i.e by 29th November 2011, evening 6 P.M. This call I made around 4:33 PM to a lady called Swathi (Customer Care) who started by telling me that the issue was perhaps with my computer and and that I should restart my computer, clear my cookies and cache and perhaps even change my browser and use Internet Explorer, but later she did take my ticket.
(6) On 29th November, around 12 Noon, "I" called up the Tata Indicom customer care - actually telling them - that they should not close this issue without resolving it and that their SLA ended in 6 hours and they better have some good news.
(7) I was then redirected to a guy called Balakrishnan who promised to update me on the status by 29th November, evening - which of course never happened. They did close the issue though.
(8) I kept quiet - for about 2 weeks after which I decided to raise another ticket - 293270983. The "automated" email said that the issue would be resolved by 10-Jan-2012. It was in this call that these guys gave so much "gas" that they were working on "building a tower" (Adra sakka !) in the area and that it would take upto January 1st week to see some results.I said to myself , "Fine. Let's see what happens."
(9) You wanna know what happened ? This ticket was closed ! (Yayyy for Tata Indicom !) but only this time, the issue was not resolved. Yes ! They simply closed the ticket - without even informing me ! :) Say hello the customer savvy Tata Photon Team !
(10) Then I spoke to this lady called Jyothi - who asked me to mail customercare.tn@tatatel.co.in
(11) So, I wrote a looooong mail. It was a long mail by any standards. The text of which is reproduced below. Any self respecting company that employs individuals who attend to their customers with some empathy would know how to respond. But Tata Indicom, Of course not ! What do you think they are ? They are private agency that runs like a government office. So you know what I got ? A Template Response ! :)
The text of which is also reproduced below. (Second Yayyy for Tata Indicom !)
(12) I raised the issue again - via email - I got another Template response.
(13) However all this while, their Billing department worked absolutely efficiently, not failing to send me the bills promptly before the 7th of every month.
(14) Not only did they not send the Bills promptly - but whenever there was an outstanding for more than a month - they promptly called me - from their Hyderabad Office !! How's that for promptness of service ? (Third Yayyy for Tata Indicom !)
(15) After Jyothi, It was my turn to talk to Neeraja, Shruti, Poornima, Shweta ... Yup - All customer care executives - with no one having a clue about my open issue or my past issues. All that they wanted to do was to close the ticket so that the SLA is not breached.
(16) In the meanwhile, I had also raised multiple issues - 293270983, 302238311. All of which were closed, inspite of me literally "begging" the customer service person to resolve the issue before closing it. And you guessed it right ! They closed it anyway !
(17) I even had a visit from one of their technicians - HariDoss - who did the following -
 Took Screenshots of the SpeedTests and sent it to his supervisor.
 Restarted my system multiple times after clearing cache, installing and uninstalling Chrome and Firefox.
 He installed an antenna like structure on the roof of my house, gave it a wire to my room and plugged my device into a socket from the wire. All this in the faint hope of resolving the issue. However, nothing worked.
(18) I mailed their nodal officer (Chennai) multiple times with my issue - Again Template Response !
(19) As a last resort - I raised the issue with Akosha - a third party agency - who take up issues on our behalf with the big guys in these organizations.
(20) Akosha tried hard twice - but there was no response from Tata Indicom team. Hence Akosha advised me to send a letter to Tata Indicom's Customer Service Desk - Mumbai. They were nice enough to draft the letter for me, however it was too nice for all the running around I had done.
(21) The scathing letter that I wrote to their National Service Head - Mr. Jogesh Nayar - would have put any lawyer/head of department to shame. The text of the letter is provided below.
(22) Akosha even provided me with the receipt to indicate that the letter had been delivered. More than a week passed and still no response.
(23) I tried all sorts of techniques to get their attention - Twitter, Facebook, Emails - nothing could move them. They stood solid like a rock ! (Fourth Yayyy for Tata Indicom !)
(24) I went to their website where there was a provision to raise complaints - and I raised a Complaint again !! - Ref - M7727466
(25) Again I got a mail from one of their guys - Again another Template !! (Fifth Yayyy for Tata Docomo ! Looks like they never think beyond the Box..errr... Template)
(26) Then suddenly like a bolt from blue, I got a call from a Chennai based Collection guy - Don't remember the name, who was more interested on why I was not paying up the money. He convinced me that he would resolve the issue and surprise of surprises ! - He never called again ! (How's that for promptness ? Sixth Big #Win for Tata Indicom)
(27) Finally, I got to the point where there was nothing left but to send Tata Photon Plus a litigation notice, and just as when I was about to go ahead on this - Akosha advised me to wait for a couple of days.
(28) A guy called Arjun called me from the "technical department". He went on harping about the issue was resolved in January itself (hunh ?) and that my connection was "barred" now because of non-payment of my April dues. I could do nothing but smirk. This was adding fuel to fire. I had to cut him off politely - because he was talking out of context. (I've stopped counting the Yayyy's now)
(29) Finally yesterday - June 12, 2012 - Nearly 8 months after I raised my first issue and about 6 weeks after that letter that I sent to Mr. Jogesh Nayar, I got a call from Yuvraj working as an Assistant Manager with Tata Indicom's Chennai Corporate Service Desk. He was empathetic towards my situation. Apologised profusely. Highlighted the issue at hand and worked towards getting a solution. He explained that the issue "still" cannot be solved (sigh !) and that I had to make a choice.
(30) The decision that I took was that the connection was to be disconnected immediately and that I will not pay any of the outstanding dues and bills and cancellation charges and lottu-losukku. He agreed and also mentioned that he would be the point of contact until this issue is resolved from my end and that I could call him anytime with respect to this particular complaint.
(31) He also mentioned that he was acting on behalf of his manager - who had sent him as an email - the concern that I had raised with their National Service Head. So the Akosha trick worked !
(32) He also accepted that this was a major loss-of-face and escalation and that he deeply regretted the fact that things had come this far.
(33) Today, I again received a call from him, confirming this issue + the subsequent reversals had been taken care of. A lady named Swapna (guessing her to be a Senior Corporate Manager) followed up on me with details of how things could have been handled and that they were sorry for having treated this so shabbily. They also said that they are taking up my feedback "strongly" so that immediate action could be taken.


The first ticket -
---------------------------------------
From: V. Haricharan
Date: Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Response from TATA Indicom
To: Tata-Indicom-Support@tatatel.co.in

Team,

I haven't received a response from your Technical Team till now.
Please note that waiting till 29th November and then sending the technical team for support will be of no use.
If this is not resolved by 30th - I will be forced to terminate the connection and opt for a different operator.

Thanks,
Hari

---------------------------------------
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM, wrote:
Dear Mr/Ms VIJAYARAGAVAN
Greetings from Tata Indicom!
Thank you for using our services.
This is with reference to the concern expressed by you over service related issue for the Tata Indicom number 9282240062.
We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.
We would like to inform you that your complaint has been registered for the given number and the docket number for the same is 288043425. This issue would be resolved by 29-NOV-11. We request you to kindly make a note of the docket number for your future correspondence.
For any assistance please feel free to call us at 121 our 24x7 Customer Care toll-free number from any Tata Indicom phone. We are also accessible from non Tata Indicom phones on  9244000121
Our Photon customers can get in touch with us on 1800-266-121(Toll free).We shall be glad to be of assistance.
You can also get in touch with our Nodal Officer Navas Basha M on 9282236200,9244236200 in case your complaint is not resolved in the stipulated time or you are not satisfied with the resolution provided.

Thanks and Regards,
XXXXXXXXX (Name Witheld)
Customer Care TAMIL NADU
Tata Teleservices Limited
Ph: 4065550379
---------------------------------------

The 10th Jan Response -
---------------------------------------
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM, wrote:
Dear Mr/Ms VIJAYARAGAVAN,
Greetings from Tata Indicom!
Thank you for using our services.
This is with reference to the concern expressed by you over service related issue for the Tata Indicom number 9282240062.
We would like to inform you that your complaint vide docket number 288043425  has been closed on 09-JAN-12
Hope you are satisfied with the resolution provided
For any assistance please feel free to call us at 121 our 24x7 Customer Care toll-free number from any Tata Indicom phone. We are also accessible from non Tata Indicom phones on  9244000121.
Our Photon customers can get in touch with us on 1800-266-121(Toll free).We shall be glad to be of assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Team, Tata Indicom
---------------------------------------

The Mail chain with their Nodal Office -

---------------------------------------
From: Nodal TN
Date: Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: Reg - Pathetic Connection and Worst Possible Customer Service - Ticket ID - 302238311
To: vharicharan@gmail.com


Dear Mr. Haricharan,
Thank you for writing to TATADOCOMO!  
We have tried to establish our contact with you in 9952122416, despite of our best effort we were unable to reach you.
As mentioned earlier, we regret to inform you that poor indoor coverage issue in your are as specified by you.
We are in the process of augmenting our network and we will not be in a position to give you exact timelines on the same.
Would request you to kindly bear with us till such time.
Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications or assistance via email at listen@tatadocomo.com or call us at 121 from your TATA DOCOMO mobile phone or 9043012345 from a Non DOCOMO mobile phone.  
Warm Regards,
Nodal Officer
TamilNadu Circle

---------------------------------------
From: V. Haricharan [mailto:vharicharan@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 2:21 PM

To: Nodal TN
Subject: Re: Reg - Pathetic Connection and Worst Possible Customer Service - Ticket ID - 302238311

Team,

Please confirm if you have taken any action till date.
Request No. 288043425 was raised and the explanation given to me was that a tower was being constructed in Tambaram area for those having connectivity issues - and that this would be completed by January 22nd.

Please let me know in what other inventive ways are you planning to "augment" your network capabilities ?
Do you accept that in Tambaram Sanatorium Region your service is bad and has poor speed ?

Thanks,
V.Haricharan
---------------------------------------
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Nodal TN wrote:
Dear Mr. Haricharan,

Thank you for writing to TATADOCOMO!

We have tried to establish our contact with you, despite of our best effort we were unable to reach you.

Based on your complaint and subsequent engineer visit, we regret to inform you that poor speed issue in your are as specified by you.
We are in the process of augmenting our network and we will not be in a position to give you exact timelines on the same.

Would request you to kindly bear with us till such time.

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications or assistance via email at listen@tatadocomo.com or call us at 121 from your TATA DOCOMO mobile phone or 9043012345 from a Non DOCOMO mobile phone.

Warm Regards,
Nodal Officer
TamilNadu Circle
---------------------------------------
From: V. Haricharan [mailto:vharicharan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:17 PM
To: Nodal TN
Subject: Re: Reg - Pathetic Connection and Worst Possible Customer Service - Ticket ID - 302238311

I do not see an answer to my question in the three copy pasted paragraphs in your email.
I understand your difficulty in answering my question.
Let me ask you a question in the manner in which you can answer.

1.) Is my problem resolved or not ?
2.) If No, Why it has not been resolved ?
3.) When will it be resolved ?
4.) What corrective action have you taken till date ?

Expecting your reply,

Thanks,
V.Haricharan
---------------------------------------
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Nodal TN wrote:
 Dear Mr. Haricharan,

Thank you for writing to TATADOCOMO!

This is with reference to your mail regarding speed issue for your Tata Docomo number 9282240062.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly be informed that speed on wireless network depends on various parameters, such as number of users accessing the internet at that particular point of time, geographical area, indoor and outdoor signal coverage, weather conditions, other causes of radio interference, material used for the building, configuration of the building, configuration of the PC/Laptop being used as well as the website being accessed, etc. So is the case with any other wireless network Operator. However,  at TATA Indicom we understand the customer experience is of foremost importance.

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications or assistance via email at listen@tatadocomo.com or call us at 121 from your TATA DOCOMO mobile phone or 9043012345 from a Non DOCOMO mobile phone.

Warm Regards,
Nodal Officer
TamilNadu Circle
---------------------------------------
From: V. Haricharan [mailto:vharicharan@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:50 AM
To: Nodal TN
Subject: Reg - Pathetic Connection and Worst Possible Customer Service - Ticket ID - 302238311

Dear Nodal Officer,

I am in possession of 1 unit of your Tata Photon Plus.
Can you please let me know the status of the issue raised by Ticket ID - 302238311 ? [ and ticket id 288043425 - which was closed without informing me]
I would like to know the action steps taken by your team in this regard.

I have called up enough numbers, mailed screenshot proofs to enough email id's. In case I do not receive a RESOLUTION in 48 hours, I'll be asking my lawyer to get in touch with Tata Docomo. Please treat this with utmost respect and severity.

Thanks,
V.Haricharan
---------------------------------------

The Text of the Letter that I sent to their Mumbai Office -
---------------------------------------
To,
The Managing Director Mr. Jogesh Nayar National Service Head Tata Teleservices Ltd. A, E & F Blocks
Voltas Premises
T. B. Kadam Marg Chinchpokli
Mumbai - 400033
Date: May 14, 2012
Subject: Deficiency in service by failing to provide Internet speed as promised.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I had purchased a device from you in October 1st week and had taken internet service plan from you for my daily usage. The plan was Tata Photon Plus - Max 3.1 Mbps- Guaranteed 256 Kbps - (Unlimited) Monthly payment - Rs. 950 and my number is 9282240062.

The agent who had sold me the device was Mr. Azhagappan and I had made a payment of Rs. 1100 for the connection. The account number was 909785326, above the barcode - BSNO6 and at the side of Bar Code - 995/HSIA_CHENNAI.

However, from initial days I had been facing poor internet connectivity problem. As per my plan, I was promised maximum of 3.1 Mbps speed; however, I have not even been receiving the bare minimum “guaranteed” speed of 256kbps, instead, all that I got was a paltry 20 kbps.

I had lodged numerous complaints with your company. The complaint number 288043425 was dragged for 2 long months and I was told that the complaint will be resolved within one and half months. In this time frame your team “generously bribed” me with “half the pay” for the duration for which the issue exists. Your team further told me that there is an installation of tower to improve the connectivity. However, the connection was never improved and continued to work slowly. Further, your team closed the said complaint without informing or confirming the same with me. After few days I had lodged another complaint number 302238311. But the same was closed abruptly without any prompt response and even after repeated requests of the issue still persisting.

I had also received a call and two mails from TATA DOCOMO Team to pay the outstanding due for April and May but this was not related to my complaints till now. The enthusiasm and promptness that you show towards sending your customers monthly bills can be shown towards resolving their issues as well.
What is disgusting is that your Billing team is more efficient that your Customer Care Team. Its a real pity that an organization the size of Tata Teleservices does not “outsource” relevant customer data. Your Billing Team does not even know that I have raised two issues that are still outstanding. All that your teams know is to close tickets assigned to them and move them out of their buckets.

And till a reply to this letter reaches me, I am not going to pay the outstanding amount, which, for your information, I’ve kept pending, just to see how desperate you guys can get.

Your nodal officer and the gentleman above him, at Chennai are dummies - just like your Internet connection - are at best - proficient in doing a copy paste of corporate jargon instead of replying with a single sentence. I have still not gotten a proper “typed” out response from them, inspite of a back and forth of more than 16 emails till date. Don’t you guys have an escalation matrix ? Where on earth is it ?

As a consequence of your deficient service and the incompetency displayed by your employees, I have suffered undue hardship and mental frustration. Do you expect me to “live” with it ? And keep shelling out your monthly bill ?
I would like to emphasize that:
● Your service has been utterly negligent and inadequate and pathetic to say the least.
● I have undergone a lot of extreme stress and mental agony because of your negligent conduct.

Given the above sequence of events, I demand a refund the charges paid by me to Tata Photon Plus + Device charges (minus my data usage calculated vis-a-vis the average Chennai User). Additionally, I request you to compensate me with an amount of Rs.10,000 for the extreme stress and mental agony you have caused to me due to your negligent conduct and the cost incurred by me in trying to mend this problem. Also, as compensation, I want an all expenses paid Internet connection for 6 months from a rival organization that has a better quality service and that is not in ANY WAY related to TATA TELESERVICES.

In case you fail to take these steps within 15 days from the date of this letter, I would be forced to:

● Ask my lawyers to file a consumer complaint against you for gross negligence, lethargic conduct and deficient service, as well as additional compensation for mental agony and legal costs;
● Ask my lawyers to consider the filing of a civil suit against your organization;
● Start a sustained online campaign spreading the word about the appalling level of service that I have received from you; (you are already a laughing stock in this
regard) and
● Issue press releases online and in the print media.

I think, its a pity, that I have to solicit the help of a 3rd party to get a “response” from you guys. Now THAT is something you seriously have to look into.
I hope that I do not have to take these steps and look forward to an amicable resolution of this issue.
Warm regards,

---------------------------------------

The escalation that I did "AFTER" I sent the letter and did not get the response from TATA INDICOM -

---------------------------------------
From: V. Haricharan
Date: Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: FW: Tata Indicom 1: Feedback~~M7727466
To: social@tatadocomomarketing.com, MDDESK@tatatel.co.in
Cc: Akosha Team


This, Gentlemen is my problem.
TATA DOCOMO - PHOTON SERVICE NO. 9282240062 -  Ticket ID's - 302238311, 288043425
I have sent a "Detailed" letter, duly signed and couriered to your National Service Head - Mr. Jogesh Nayar.
I would expect your guys to follow up with your "National Service Head" and get the letter.

I haven't heard from your help guys until now, however your Billing team seems to be very prompt in calling me up and enquiring when I will pay the bill. What a pity !

If my concerns are not acknowledged and addressed in the next 48 hours, I will go public with all the details of the scam you guys are running here - replete with the letter that I've addressed to Mr. Jogesh Nayar.

Thanks,
V.Haricharan

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM, V. Haricharan wrote:
Did you guys receive the courier ?
Did you read the letter ?
Did your billing department inform you ?
Have you guys taken any action whatsoever on my request ?


On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM, V. Haricharan wrote:

Team,
The letter has been addressed to Mr. Jogesh Nayar and sent to your Mumbai office - by courier.


On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM, wrote:
Dear Customer,
Greetings for the day!!
With reference to the below mentioned concern, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
As per your e-mail, we would request you to kindly share the address where this letter has been submitted so that we can look into this.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Yogesh Kumar
Customer Interface Group Escalation Desk
Tata Docomo.
_____________________________
Type Of Feedback : Grievances
Name : H
Email id : vharicharan@gmail.com
Phone Number : 918096370787
Location : ANDHRA PRADESH
TTSL Phone Number / Account Number : 9282240062
Comments & Suggestions :
I have a concern and I have sent you a "PHYSICAL LETTER" by courier. Would your highness kindly acknowledge the receipt and comment on it ?


The email that I received 4 days back from the MD Desk -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Apex Desk S
Date: Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Subject: RE: Tata Indicom 1: Feedback
To: vharicharan@gmail.com


Dear Mr. Haricharan,

Greetings for the Day!

With reference to the below mentioned concern, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As per your email regarding speed issue, we would like to inform you that we are getting your issue checked with the concerned department. Please be assured that the matter will be taken up on priority.

We appreciate your patience and extended cooperation.

Regards,
Jaswinder Singh
Customer Interface Group Escalation Desk
Tata DOCOMO.
-------------------------------------------

Type Of Feedback : Grievances
Name : Haricharan
Email id : vharicharan@gmail.com
Phone Number : 8096370787
Location : CHENNAI
TTSL Phone Number / Account Number : 9282240062
Comments & Suggestions : Poor internet connectivity. Got Less than promised bare minimum speed of 256kbps - for a device that promised maximum of 3.1 Mbps. Earlier complaint (288XXXXXX) dragged on for two months. Silly reasons given like installing Tower but no improvement in connectivity. Ticket was closed without informing / confirming with me. Second ticket was raised 4 days ago. This has also been closed inspite of repeated requests of issue still persisting. Photon plus now claims that the area itself has a problem in connectivity. My question - so what do they want me to do ? Live with their pathetic service ? I am requesting a refund of the charges paid by me to Tata Photon Plus + Device charges ( minus my data usage calculated vis-a-vis the average Chennai User).
-------------------------------------------


Here are some things that they could have done right. Each one of them is a PR lesson in itself and I believe no organization should make these mistakes. E.V.E.R !

(1) The hurry to make a sale !
All their Sales Agent wanted to do was to sell the connection - without bothering whether the said connection would be good in the area I was going to use it. Not once was I informed, nor was cross-verified by the agent - that the said area has proper connectivity. The customer care and the technical + network team realized quite late that the area itself had poor connectivity and that the issue could not be resolved.

(2) Be open with Facts !
If their Technical Team knew quite clearly that the said area had a problem, they should have been upfront with it ! Rather, their team was worried about being labeled as incompetent or having made the sale by fradulent means. Hence in order to maintain a lie (just to save their skins) they continued lying. (I call it a lie - they may call it not knowing the facts)

(3) When outsourcing customer related data - ensure that each department has access to relevant data !
In this case, the Billing Department was not even aware that there were multiple issues stacked up against my name. Irony is, every time a different person would call up, enquire the reason for non-payment and never follow up. Also, within the Customer Service Desk itself - each time the issue had to be repeated.

(4) Don't make it a formality !
Are you telling me that your organization uses a software that does not even have a comments field ? Are your guys doing it for the sake of the doing it ? or are they really interested in making a difference to your organization ? I found that everytime I spoke to one of your guys, there was only increased frustration at my end. Your guys were completely clueless to the actual problem or the chain of problems before that !

(5) SLA's are NOT important ! Customer Satisfaction is !
Another important lesson, that ALL INDIAN COMPANIES especially the service oriented ones, MUST LEARN - No customer gives a fucking fuck about your SLA's.
I don't give a shit about your Service Level Agreement.
I don't care what CMM level you guys are in.
I don't give a damn about your Market Standing.
I have a problem. Fix it.
SLA's are something that you arrive at after seeing how your employees handle the load. You must have been what ? A 10,000 users company when that SLA was being made. Now you are a 100,000 user organization. Your team may have grown or have shrunk - Your SLA's have to be realistic ! Your Customer Desk is more interested in closing tickets and prevent SLA's from being breached. Your Billing Team bothers only about making that ONE formal call about the billing reminder to complete their quota for the day. They are not bothered to solve the issue. And why should they ?
That customer satisfaction is important - attitude should be in your organization's DNA ! It's a pity that you want a customer to teach you what your organization's Vision and Mission should be.

(6) I don't want your Apology !
You know you've made a mistake. Own up and move your arse ! That's what I want. I don't want your apology and long winded mails and talks over phone. "Yes Boss ! I agree, Shit Happens ! Please give me a chance to set this right !" - was all that I wanted to hear. And Not ONE of your employees said it to me. I wanted action boss !

(7) Don't wait for the shit to hit the ceiling !
You guys had time. Plenty of time. Enough time to write your Terms and Conditions - in cursive - thirty times over. But did you act ? No !
Your attitude was "Don't fix it, until someone cribs !" - It is a good philosophy - but only in some sectors. In Service industry - It is a anathema.
If I hadn't taken Akosha's help and written that letter to your National Service Head - you guys might have simply swept this under the carpets. Its just because I made a big noise and threatened with legal action and Social Media expose that you acted on it. Otherwise ? What about the case of the ordinary man, who buys that photon stick so that he could talk to his family across the country or do some work related stuff, because his organization provided it to him. You just want him to live with it right ?

(8) Throw that Fuckin' Template into the Recycle bin !
I send you guys a 600 word letter expressing my anguish at the way things have been handled and you send me a template response ? Seriously ? How much more indifferent, apathetic and insulting could you guys get ? Is this how much respect you give to your customer - that coming from your so called nodal office ? A Template based response ? Not once, Not twice - but multiple times. You guys rock at Copy Pasting - #Salute !

(9) Get a hold of "What is Social Media"
Responding to users on Twitter is not "Social Media" - Engaging them is. The #OMFG moment comes, when I have a look at your Twitter Account - Seriously ? 140 characters - and you need a template for that as well ? To (mis)quote 9GAG - that's making yourself a meme on the Internet.

A random collection of Tweets from 11JUN from Tata Docomo's Twitter Account.

@Motuwati Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@arunpurohit Please mail us your concerns along with the relevant details at social@tatadocomomarketing.com and we will look into it
@Witty_Tweeter Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@Miski7 Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@VivekMittalSlg Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@UdaasPriest Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@susovankundu Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@cgiridhar Please let us know from which email id and to which email id have you mailed your concern 2
@sandepantz Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@pungibaaz Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@sharmakamlesh71 Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@vivekanand_rai Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@vivekanand_rai Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@rbarathr Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@suvenk Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@abhi2503 Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@ranjithmetha Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@BalanPanda Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@rekrishnan Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you
@vsaurabh84 Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@dams_blr Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@Goel_Kinshuk Please check with our Live chat help ppl as they'll assist you - http://t.co/jNaIYbMT
@bhat_vasu Please mail us your concern at social@tatadocomomarketing.com along with your number and we will get back to you


(10) If you have a Contact Person - make sure that the details are updated !
In this case, the phone number of the Nodal Office in Chennai was wrong and the call was never picked. The email ID's for all escalations remained the same. No escalation Matrix was in place. This is basically like saying - "Dude ! You are now running around in circles. If you run fast enough, you might just fuck yourself"

(11) For heaven's sake use a better CRM software !
This is to ensure that I don't have to have a hoarse throat everytime I have to repeat my details ! And If you want suggestions/recommendations - would love to provide them to you.

(12) An empathetic employee is an Asset !
In your case, Yuvraj and Swapna saved the day for you. They were patient enough to listen to my case - both of them had read the letter in detail and had a fair idea of the issue and were empathetic to a large extent. If it wasn't for them - this blogpost would have been in a different tone altogether. If this empathy had been shown by any of your staff lower down the order - this might have not blown itself out of proportion.

Anyway - the bottom line is - There is abso-fuckin-lutely NO TELECOM OPERATOR IN TAMBARAM SANATORIUM Region !
BSNL's Senior Engineer - A lady who talks as if she knows everything from APABX systems to Network Routers - says that she does not have cables to provide new connection to my area. And so the Status Quo continues.
#FacePalm #IthuOruMaanamKettaPozhappuDa #AaackThooo !

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 by Hari
Categories: , , , , , , , , | 9 comments

Comments (9)

  1. You should not have gone through such elaborate procedure. At the first chance, drag the f**k**g managers of these
    b**t**d companies to consumer courts and make them spend their days in Consumer courts and lose money in compensation.
    Only when these r**sc**ls realize this will they ever respond. Even the mobile company run by a billionaire brother
    (MOCR) uses this tactic. Write as many receipts and then vanish. And spin as many cock and bull stories in their
    cow-shed customer service centers where some useless sh**t sit to pass time and to end their shift. Only when these
    companies are heated at their bottoms will they get the heat in their heads.

  2. Asshole all telecom company are.. I bought one today and he promised me, I be able to use before 0000hrs... guess! he mot even submitted the documents..and the CC guy said he close by today at 1500hrs its 1612hrs now~! no call back and no responce...

    mailed Yogesh and VP got a call ASAP, the ask what happend!!! I check ur mail

  3. I wouldn't have expected anything more from Tata Docomo. This is from Bangalore. I get a somewhat decent speed (0-2Mbps) but get disconnected once in a while. I tried explaining about the disconnection issues and the only response from the customer care reps was to reboot my computer repeatedly and disable all Windows Services!!! They wouldn't even file a ticket unless I followed those steps (I faked it on the phone and got tickets raised). Anyway, nothing changed.

    I wrote to the head of customer care and his assistant sent back a template reply. This was last year (2011).

    I've tried to look for alternatives, but others seem to be equally bad or worse. There is no technical knowhow or troubleshooting expertise with any of these providers. They just plug things in and expect that customers will have no choice but to put up with the poor service they provide.

  4. THISISTHE CASE with everybody to my photonplus no9282103893photonplus. Due to poor speed I REQUESTED to terminate service.But stil they are prolonging the issue ticket no336930183. venkataguru kovoor

  5. Well Done Hari. You have taken the right steps.
    Same problem is happening with me as well and i am planning to go your way as well.

  6. Hi Speed Internet in Remote Area
    How to get 3g speed in remote area, Watch in the following youtube video:
    http://youtu.be/JYt6NnHhzpo

  7. Very soon, I might write my story about Tatadocomo mobile and walkie services. It is one and half year since they are failing to address the problem. To understand their own plan from their own website took more than an year and now to give waiver as per their own bill, it takes them courage and intelligence. They are not able to give a reply on my calculations too. I wrote to the nodel just now. Somewhere I read they have canceled nodel services. Who is the next in top? anyone knows? Is it only Mr.Rattan Tata, who talks of Corporate ethics?

  8. Tata's seems to have lost ethics. Its a month since i have raised a complaint against inflated bills and it seems like nobody want to acknowledge that. This post was very encouraging... Let the fight begin..

  9. Dude u just mirrored my experience with Tata "Fuckton" Max. These arses promise a speed upto 6MBPS then all i get is a mere 800 Kbps, thats just about wee bit higher than their floor value(512 Kbps). I carried this forward and posted in Consumer Forum and TRAI portals. Good thing is that (read in a daily recently) TRAI is going to mandate a minimum data speed for all service providers. Lets see ...

Leave a Reply